Definition of Iron deficiency anemia
1. Noun. A form of anemia due to lack of iron in the diet or to iron loss as a result of chronic bleeding.
Specialized synonyms: Chlorosis, Greensickness
Generic synonyms: Anaemia, Anemia
Iron Deficiency Anemia Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Iron Deficiency Anemia Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Iron Deficiency Anemia
Literary usage of Iron deficiency anemia
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Mammalian Models for Research on Aging by Bennett J. Cohen, Institute Of Laboratory Animal Resources, National Research Council Staff (1981)
"Iron-Deficiency anemia. In the dog and the cat, iron-deficiency anemia is due ... Clinical presentation of iron-deficiency anemia is variable depending upon ..."
2. Guide To Clinical Preventive Services by U. S. Preventive Services Task Force (1989)
"iron deficiency anemia during infancy and early childhood has been associated ... The prevalence of iron deficiency anemia during childhood has declined in ..."
3. Mineral Requirements for Military Personnel: Levels Needed for Cognitive And by Food and Nutrition Board, Committee on Military Nutrition Research, National Academy of Sciences (U.S.) (2006)
"Therefore, the diagnosis of iron deficiency anemia based solely on the presence of anemia can result in misdiagnosis in many cases (Garby et al., 1967, ..."
4. Code of Federal Regulations by Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Staff (2005)
"It is used in baby pigs as follows: (a) For the prevention of iron deficiency anemia, administer intramuscularly an amount of drug containing 100 to 150 ..."
5. Healthy People 2000: National Health Promotion & Disease Prevention by DIANE Publishing Company (2004)
"Anemia is used as an index of iron deficiency. Anemia among Alaska Native children was defined as hemoglobin <11 ..."
6. Identifying the Food Insecure: The Application of Mixed-Method Approaches in by Kimberly Chung (1997)
"Hemoglobin concentration is one of the most widely used methods of screening for iron deficiency anemia. Hemoglobin, however, is technically an indicator of ..."
Other Resources Relating to: Iron deficiency anemia