Definition of Iso-
1. Prefix. equal ¹
2. Prefix. (chemistry) forms terms relating to isomers ¹
3. Prefix. (physics) forms terms relating to isotopes ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Medical Definition of Iso-
1. A prefix that means equal or like.
2. A prefix indicating isomer of (isomerism); e.g., isocyanate vs. cyanate.
3. A prefix designating sameness with respect to species; in recent years, the meaning has shifted to sameness with respect to genetic constitution of individuals.
Origin: G. Isos, equal
(20 Jun 2000)
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Iso- Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Iso-
Other Resources Relating to: Iso-