Definition of Jade green
1. Noun. A light green color varying from bluish green to yellowish green.
Jade Green Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Jade Green Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Jade Green
Literary usage of Jade green
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Romance of Old Japan by Elizabeth Williams Champney, Frère Champney (1917)
"After long and fruitless questing, Urashima, melancholy, Drew, from out the jade-green water, a great tortoise suddenly! But the tortoise is a symbol of ..."
2. Can Grande's Castle by Amy Lowell (1918)
"Thirteen ships flying the tricolore, and riding at ease in a patch of blue water inside a jade-green hem. What of them ? Ah, fine ships! ..."
3. Three Old Maids in Hawaii by Ellen Blackmar Maxwell (1896)
"Three Old Maids in Hawaii. on the black rocks; that next to the jade-green water is cobalt-blue water; that they are in harmony, and there is no apparent ..."
4. The Human Side of Retail Selling: A Textbook for Salespeople in Retail by Ruth Leigh (1921)
""We have beautiful jade- green hats in our millinery department to go with this suit," you may assure your customer who is considering a suit trimmed with ..."
5. Landscapes of Corsica: A Countryside Guide by Noel Rochford (2002)
"Rounding a corner, the gorge opens up, and the jade-green Lac de Tolla* (a reservoir) fills the valley floor. What a view! A collar of pink rock, ..."
6. A Text-book of Mineralogy: With an Extended Treatise on Crystallography and by Edward Salisbury Dana, William Ebenezer Ford (1922)
"... Malachite; Dioptase; Atacamite; and many other copper compounds; Spodumene (hiddenite); Pyroxene (rare); Gahnite; Jadeite and Jade. Green. ..."
Other Resources Relating to: Jade green