Definition of Jazz musician
1. Noun. A musician who plays or composes jazz music.
Generic synonyms: Instrumentalist, Musician, Player
Specialized synonyms: Syncopator
Specialized synonyms: Armstrong, Louis Armstrong, Satchmo, Davis, Miles Davis, Miles Dewey Davis Jr., Duke Ellington, Edward Kennedy Ellington, Ellington, Hampton, Lionel Hampton, Herman, Woodrow Charles Herman, Woody Herman, Monk, Thelonious Monk, Thelonious Sphere Monk, Ferdinand Joseph La Menthe Morton, Jelly Roll Morton, Morton, Joseph Oliver, King Oliver, Oliver, Art Tatum, Arthur Tatum, Tatum, Fats Waller, Thomas Wright Waller, Waller
Jazz Musician Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Jazz Musician Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Jazz Musician
jazz musician (current term)
Literary usage of Jazz musician
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Manufacturing Systems: Foundations of World-Class Practice by Joseph A. Heim, National Academy of Engineering, National Academy of Sciences (1992)
"For example, the moments of creative opportunity for a jazz musician are a ... For the jazz musician, soloing involves a high risk of public exposure of ..."
2. Jazz on Film and Video in the Library of Congress by Rebecca D. Clear (1994)
"... a jazz musician (as does Kirk Douglas in Young Man with a Horn, 1949), unless accompanied by a genuine jazz musician performing at least one number ..."
3. Adventure Guide to Barbados by Lynne M. Sullivan (2001)
"There's no cover charge, so stop in for dinner or a drink and enjoy the bistro-style atmosphere and lively sounds of a steel pan band or jazz musician. ..."
4. Adventure Guide to Aruba, Bonaire and Curacao by Lynne M. Sullivan (2002)
"Original art hangs on the walls, a jazz musician plays every evening, and, as an added treat, there's a small shop at the entrance that sells unusual ..."
5. Poland by Tomasz Torbus (2001)
"Club of the famous Polish jazz musician. 0 NATIONAL MUSEUM: Czartoryski Collection (Muzeum Narodowe, Kolekcja Czartoryskich), Pijarska 15, Tel. ..."