Definition of Jersey city
1. Noun. A city in northeastern New Jersey (opposite Manhattan).
Group relationships: Garden State, Jersey, New Jersey, Nj
Jersey City Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Jersey City Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Jersey City
Literary usage of Jersey city
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Bulletin of the New York Public Library by New York Public Library (1909)
"jersey city (NJ) Annual message and accompanying reports of city officers, ... Charter of and acts relating to jersey city, and the ordinances thereof; ..."
2. Supreme Court Reporter by Robert Desty, United States Supreme Court, West Publishing Company (1921)
"S. Hobart, of jersey city, NJ, for petitioner. Petition for writs of certiorari to the Court of Errors and Appeals of the State of New Jersey denied. ..."
3. Annual Report of the Attorney-general of the United States by United States Dept. of Justice, United States Attorney-General (1892)
"6.50 Parlor car, Washington, DC, to jersey city, N. J 1.25 En route 1.00 ... Meals, jersey city and New York 2.00 9. Railroad fare, jersey city to New ..."
4. Annual Report by New Jersey Civil Service Commission (1910)
"The jersey city and Albany Railway Company of the States of New York and New Jersey was formed January 28, 1879, by consolidation of the jersey city and ..."
5. Library Journal by American Library Association, Library Association (1896)
"THE EDUCATIONAL WORK OF THE jersey city FREE PUBLIC LIBRARY.» BY ESTHER E. BURDICK, Librarian. EVERY properly conducted library, especially that of the free ..."