Definition of John drew
1. Noun. United States actor (born in Ireland); father of Georgiana Emma Barrymore (1827-1862).
John Drew Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: John Drew Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of John Drew
Literary usage of John drew
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The National Cyclopaedia of American Biography: Being the History of the by James Terry White (1910)
"His earliest American ancestor was john drew, who sailed from England to Plymouth, ... From this john drew and his wife Hannah Churchill the line is traced ..."
2. The New England Historical and Genealogical Register by Henry Fritz-Gilbert Waters (1898)
"RUTH DELANO, married as his second wife, Samuel Drew, son of john drew. The late Mr. Thomas Bradford Drew corrected my copy of ..."
3. Famous Actor-Families in America by Montrose Jonas Moses (1906)
"Changes and Tendencies of the American Stage. john drew. 1900 Munsey. ... john drew and His Plays. 1901 Theatre, New York, December. john drew. ..."
4. Orations, Addresses and Speeches of Chauncey M. Depew by Chauncey Mitchell Depew (1910)
"FRIAR'S SUPPER TO john drew SPEECH AT THE SUPPER GIVEN TO MR. ... I was delighted to hear the charming speech of our guest, john drew. ..."
5. Reports of Cases Argued and Determined in the High Court of Chancery, in the by Francis Vesey, Great Britain Court of Chancery, John Scott Eldon, John Beames, Edward Duncan Ingraham (1822)
"tient. estates : an injunction and receiver ; charging, that john drew, the son, was intrusted with the sole management of the concern ; receiving all the ..."
6. Reports of Cases Argued and Determined in the High Court of Chancery: During by Great Britain Court of Chancery, Francis Vesey, John Beames, John Scott Eldon (1814)
"THE Bill stated, that john drew, deceased, the Negative Plea Husband of the Plaintiff, carried on the 'Business of no Partner- of a Lighterman and Coal ..."