Definition of Kellogg
1. Noun. United States food manufacturer who (with his brother) developed a breakfast cereal of crisp flakes of rolled and toasted wheat and corn; he established a company to manufacture the cereal (1860-1951).
Definition of Kellogg
1. Proper noun. (surname A=An English from=Middle English dot=), originally a nickname for a butcher from "kill hog". ¹
2. Proper noun. (surname A=An (etyl ga) from=Irish dot=), Anglicized from (term Ó Ceallaigh lang=ga). ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Kellogg Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Kellogg
Literary usage of Kellogg
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The New England Historical and Genealogical Register by Henry Fritz-Gilbert Waters (1889)
"The will of Nathaniel kellogg, dated 27 Apr. 1756, proved 1757, mentions wife Priscilla; ... Rachel, Lydia, Margaret md Sarah kellogg ; grandsons Oliver and ..."
2. Publishers Weekly by Publishers' Board of Trade (U.S.), Book Trade Association of Philadelphia, American Book Trade Union, Am. Book Trade Association, R.R. Bowker Company (1904)
"kellogg, Amos M. Practical dialogs (grammar school grade) for school entertainment. ... Elijah kellogg, the man and his work; ed. by WB Mitchell. '03. ..."
3. History of the United States of America, Under the Constitution by James Schouler (1913)
"But Morton's powerful influence defeated a bill introduced for that purpose. Grant in a special message that same month, argued in favor of the kellogg ..."
4. United States Supreme Court Reports by Lawyers Co-operative Publishing Company, United States Supreme Court (1912)
"But you must be satisfied from the evidence that plaintiff paid the same on the credit of kellogg and Moss, and not as an advance to the firm of which they ..."
5. The Cumulative Book Index by H.W. Wilson Company (1901)
"kellogg. Amos Markh.im. How to teach to read: the ten great steps fully explained. ... kellogg. — How to teach fractions to young children. D. (53p. il. ..."
6. The Auk: Quarterly Journal of Ornithology by American Ornithologists' Union, Nuttall Ornithological Club (1899)
"kellogg and some of his fellow workers in this field have recently ... Mallophaga from Birds of California. by Vernon L. kellogg and Bertha L. Chapman. ..."