Definition of Kenya
1. Noun. A republic in eastern Africa; achieved independence from the United Kingdom in 1963; major archeological discoveries have been made in the Great Rift Valley in Kenya.
Generic synonyms: African Country, African Nation
Group relationships: East Africa, Africa
Terms within: Capital Of Kenya, Nairobi, Kisumu, Mombasa, Nakuru
Member holonyms: Kenyan
Derivative terms: Kenyan
Definition of Kenya
1. Proper noun. Country in Eastern Africa. Official name: Republic of Kenya. ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Medical Definition of Kenya
1. A republic in eastern africa, south of ethiopia and east of somalia. Its capital is nairobi. The region was organised as the british east africa protectorate in 1895, became a british colony in 1920, became independent in 1963, and became a republic in 1964. It took its name from mount kenya which probably meant simply mountain. (12 Dec 1998)
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Kenya Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Kenya
kenya (current term)
Literary usage of Kenya
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Geographical Journal by Royal Geographical Society (Great Britain). (1900)
"469 ; kenya peak and Lenana,471 ; kenya forest, In tlie, 457 Laikipia plateau, Clouds on, 459 Michaelson, Lake, 473 Nyika, The (coloured plate), ..."
2. The Politics of Trade and Industrial Policy in Africa: Forced Consensus? by Charles Chukwuma Soludo, Michael Osita Ogbu, Ha-Joon Chang (2004)
"In kenya, and indeed, in other developing countries, there is need to question ... This chapter traces the evolution of the policy environment in kenya with ..."
3. Conflict and Growth in Africa by Jeni Klugman, Bilin Neyapti, Frances Stewart (1999)
"Economic and Social Factors Relevant to Conflict in kenya and Uganda Economic ... kenya has clearly outperformed Uganda over most of the post-independence ..."
4. Agents of Change: Studies on the Policy Environment for Small Enterprise in by Edward Philip English, Georges-Maurice Hénault (1995)
"The paper also looks at the policies, programs, and activities of the major institutions providing credit for SSES in kenya ..."
5. Hidden in Plain View: Refugees Living Without Protection in Nairobi and Kampala by Alison Parker, Human Rights Watch (Organization) (2002)
"5' The Lawful Presence of Refugees in kenya and Uganda Non-citizens who enter kenya or ... In the case of asylum-seekers who enter either kenya or Uganda ..."
6. Constraints on Kenya's Food and Beverage Exports by Michael Schluter (1984)
"kenya, Ministry of Livestock Development, Sheep and Goat Development Project. ... kenya, National Committee on Educational Objectives and Policies. ..."