Definition of Keratoid
1. horny [adj] - See also: horny
Medical Definition of Keratoid
1. Synonym: horny. 2. Resembling corneal tissue. Origin: kerato-+ G. Eidos, resemblance (05 Mar 2000)
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Keratoid Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Keratoid
Literary usage of Keratoid
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Diseases of the Skin by Richard Lightburn Sutton (1919)
"From the point of view of prognosis, the keratoid lesions were by far the most dangerous. ... The earlier keratoid lesions are readily removed by frequent ..."
2. An Elementary Treatise on the Differential Calculus: With Applications and by Joseph Edwards (1892)
"(c) A single keratoid cusp at ( - a, a). 10. There is a triple point at which the ... There is a single keratoid cusp and also a third branch having an ..."
3. Commercial Organic Analysis: A Treatise on the Properties, Proximate by Alfred Henry Allen (1898)
"Nitric acid turns keratoid bodies yellow, and on application of heat dissolves ... When chlorine is passed into water containing a finely-divided keratoid, ..."
4. Skin and Venereal Diseases (1915)
"Of the thirty-four specimens examined, nineteen were of the keratoid variety, eleven of the ... The keratoid lesions were considered the most dangerous. ..."