Definition of Ketamine hydrochloride
1. Noun. A general anesthetic and tranquilizer (not a barbiturate) that is administered intravenously or intramuscularly; used mainly by veterinarians or for minor surgery with geriatric or pediatric patients; taken in large doses it causes hallucinations similar to those associated with the use of PCP.
Generic synonyms: Club Drug, General Anaesthetic, General Anesthetic
Specialized synonyms: Cat Valium, Green, Honey Oil, Jet, K, Special K, Super Acid, Super C
Ketamine Hydrochloride Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Ketamine Hydrochloride Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Ketamine Hydrochloride
Literary usage of Ketamine hydrochloride
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Code of Federal Regulations by Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Staff (2005)
"Each milliliter contains ketamine hydrochloride equivalent to 100 milligrams (mg) ketamine base activity. (b) Sponsors. See Nos. ..."
2. Essentials for Animal Research: A Primer for Research Personnel by B. Taylor Bennett (1996)
"For example, the dissociative agent ketamine hydrochloride is widely used in ... Besides the better known cardiovascular effects of ketamine hydrochloride, ..."
3. Proceedings of the Fifth International Symposium on Protection Against by DIANE Publishing Company (1996)
"Anaesthesia was then induced with ketamine hydrochloride, 22 mg-kg"1 ... and maintained with a continuous iv infusion of ketamine hydrochloride (0.5 me kg ..."
4. Date Rape Drugs: Hearing Before the Committee on Commerce, U.S. House of edited by Fred Upton (2000)
"It is an animal and human anaesthetic called ketamine hydrochloride, known on the street as "Special K," which has also been used to get high and has been ..."
5. Animal Euthanasia: Bibliography, January 1990-November 1997 edited by Michael D. Kreger (1999)
"... aqui-s bath; xylazine hydrochloride injection; ketamine-hydrochloride injection Abstract: Trials were conducted on the Australian giant crab ..."
Other Resources Relating to: Ketamine hydrochloride