Definition of Kigali
1. Noun. The national capital and largest city of Rwanda; located in central Rwanda.
Generic synonyms: National Capital
Group relationships: Ruanda, Rwanda, Rwandese Republic
Definition of Kigali
1. Proper noun. The capital of Rwanda. ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Kigali Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Kigali
Literary usage of Kigali
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Shattered Lives: Sexual Violence During the Rwandan Genocide and Its Aftermath by Human Rights Watch/Africa, Africa Human Rights Watch (1996)
"7 The Director of kigali Central Hospital reported that he had examined two sisters, ages two and fourteen years at kigali Central Hospital in December 1995 ..."
2. At the Crossroads: Ict Policy Making in East Africa by Florence Ebam Etta, Laurent Elder (2005)
"Rwanda: Poverty Reduction Strategy Paper. kigali: Government of Rwanda. ... kigali: KIST. Ministry of Transport and Communication, (2001). ..."
3. Zaire: Predicament and Prospectsby Jean-Claude Willame, Hugues Leclercq, Peter Rosenblum, Catharine Newbury by Jean-Claude Willame, Hugues Leclercq, Peter Rosenblum, Catharine Newbury (1998)
"At the same time, strong pressure should be brought to bear on the government in kigali to secure a halt to armed forays into Kivu. ..."
4. African Economic Outlookby African Development Bank, African Development Bank Group by African Development Bank, African Development Bank Group (2006)
"Although a basic network of roads exists, especially between kigali and other major cities, there are considerable gaps in rural areas, which hamper ..."
5. Agricultural Marketing Directory for U.S. & Africa Trade by Mary E. Lassanyi, Wayne Olson (1997)
"The US Embassy in kigali, Rwanda resumed consular services on July 26, 1995 ... Rwanda: Chambre de Commerce et d'Industrie du Rwanda, BP 319, kigali, Rwanda ..."
6. Nature's Strongholds: The World's Great Wildlife Reserves by Laura Riley, William Riley (2005)
"It is well worth a visit, not only for wildlife but for its off-the-beaten-track beauty, just a little over two hours' drive from kigali (4WD best inside ..."