Definition of Kin group
1. Noun. Group of people related by blood or marriage.
Generic synonyms: Social Group
Specialized synonyms: Mishpachah, Mishpocha, Family, Family Unit, Folks, Family Tree, Genealogy, Totem, Tribes Of Israel, Twelve Tribes Of Israel
Member holonyms: Relation, Relative, Clan Member, Clansman, Clanswoman, Tribesman
Derivative terms: Kin, Kinship, Kindred, Tribal
Kin Group Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Kin Group Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Kin Group
Literary usage of Kin group
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Chances of Death, and Other Studies in Evolution by Karl Pearson (1897)
"Megs ( = mac/a} is curiously a daughter's husband, quite intelligible if the son be the daughter's husband, as in the kin-group, but otherwise difficult of ..."
2. Folkways: A Study of the Sociological Importance of Usages, Manners, Customs by William Graham Sumner (1906)
"The kin group is the only body which has ties of sympathy and obligation to him. The kin group may be bound to give help without any regard to the justness ..."
3. Sessional Papers by Ontario Legislative Assembly (1906)
"These are more or less conventionalized representations, plastic or pictographic, of the ancestral totems of the family or kin-group, commonly thought to ..."
4. Kinship Organisations and Group Marriage in Australia by Northcote Whitridge Thomas (1906)
"... (2) the kin group, in which either all the males or all the females together with the children are members of one kinship organisation. ..."
Other Resources Relating to: Kin group