Definition of King of england
1. Noun. The sovereign ruler of England.
Generic synonyms: King, Male Monarch, Rex
Specialized synonyms: Canute, Canute The Great, Cnut, Knut, Charles, Charles I, Charles Stuart, Charles, Charles Ii, Edgar, Edward, Edward I, Edward, Edward Ii, Edward, Edward Iii, Edward, Edward Iv, Edward, Edward V, Edward, Edward Vi, Albert Edward, Edward, Edward Vii, Duke Of Windsor, Edward, Edward Viii, Edward The Confessor, Saint Edward The Confessor, St. Edward The Confessor, Edward The Martyr, Saint Edward The Martyr, St. Edward The Martyr, Eadwig, Edwy, George, George I, George, George Ii, George, George Iii, George, George Iv, George, George V, George, George Vi, Harefoot, Harold Harefoot, Harold I, King Harold I, Harold Ii, King Harold Ii, Henry Beauclerc, Henry I, Henry Ii, Henry Iii, Bolingbroke, Henry Bolingbroke, Henry Iv, Henry V, Henry Vi, Henry Tudor, Henry Vii, Henry Viii, James, James I, King James, King James I, James, James Ii, John, John Lackland, King John, Richard Coeur De Lion, Richard I, Richard The Lion-hearted, Richard The Lionheart, Richard Ii, Richard Iii, William I, William The Conqueror, William Ii, William Rufus, William Iii, William Of Orange, Sailor King, William Iv
King Of England Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: King Of England Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of King Of England
Literary usage of King of england
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Lives of the Lord Chancellors and Keepers of the Great Seal of England, from by John Campbell Campbell (1847)
"And forasmuch as the Seal of Richard, our illustrious brother, formerly King of England, of good memory, in his days had fallen into that state, ..."
2. The Bibliographer's Manual of English Literature: Containing an Account of by William Thomas Lowndes, Henry George Bohn (1865)
"The Life and Reign of Henry VI., King of England. Lond. 1712, 8vo. HENEY VI., King of England. Account of the Entertainment of King Henry the Sixth at the ..."
3. The History of England: As Well Ecclesiastical as Civil. By Mr. De Rapin by M. Rapin de Thoyras, Rapin de Thoyras (Paul) (1727)
"... call in Geoffrey Brother to the King of England, i"56- . JOK : but he liv'd not long to enjoy his new Earldom. ..."
4. Library of the World's Best Literature, Ancient and Modern by Charles Dudley Warner (1896)
"OF THE GREAT ASSEMBLY THAT THE FRENCH KING MADE TO RESIST THE king of england THUS by the Englishmen was brent, exiled, robbed, wasted, and pilled the good ..."
5. The Catholic Encyclopedia: An International Work of Reference on the by Charles George Herbermann (1913)
"... frequently though incorrectly called "First King of England "; u. AD 839. He styled himself in 82S Rex Л ..."
6. The Encyclopedia Americana: A Library of Universal Knowledge (1918)
"On Edmund's death, a few weeks after this treaty, Canute became king of England. Consult Oman, 'England before the Norman Conquest' (London 1910). ..."
Other Resources Relating to: King of england