Definition of Laryngostenosis
1. Noun. Abnormal narrowing of the larynx.
Medical Definition of Laryngostenosis
1. Stricture or narrowing of the larynx. This condition may be developmental or acquired; with progressive respiratory difficulty as a symptom. (12 Dec 1998)
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Laryngostenosis Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Laryngostenosis
Literary usage of Laryngostenosis
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Saint Louis Medical and Surgical Journal (1879)
"The lesions which produce laryngostenosis in syphilis are different, ... The slow form of syphilitic laryngostenosis may be complicated by oedema and ..."
2. Practical Pediatrics by Eugen Graetzer (1905)
"In all three eventualities an acute laryngostenosis may supervene and render the ... Such an acute laryngostenosis may be due to other underlying causes and ..."
3. Monthly Abstract of Medical Science: A Digest of Medicine and the Collateral (1879)
"Except the case of growth, the local treatment of syphilitic laryngostenosis is useless. 18. In the overwhelming majority of cases, the choice of treatment ..."