Definition of Lascars
1. Noun. (plural of lascar) ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Lascars
1. lascar [n] - See also: lascar
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Lascars Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Lascars
Literary usage of Lascars
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Literary Panorama and National Registerby Charles Taylor by Charles Taylor (1816)
"Observations and Instructions for the use of Chief Officers of Country Ships, and others concerned in the preservation of the health of lascars. ..."
2. Catlin's Notes of Eight Years' Travels and Residence in Europe with His by George Catlin (1848)
"... they saw—The smoke—" Prairies on fire "—lascars sweeping the streets—Visit from the Reverend Mr. S.—Impatience to see the Queen—Great medicine-feast to ..."
3. Practice of the Scottish Poor Law by George A. Mackay (1907)
"lascars Section 185 of the same Act provides that, when destitute lascars have received parochial relief, ..."
4. The Law Relating to Merchant Seamen: Arranged Chiefly for the Use of Masters by Edward William Symons (1844)
"V. LAW RELATING TO lascars. Law relating BY the Act which regulates the trade from and to to lascars. ° 4 Geo. iv. places within the limits of the Charter ..."
5. Adventures of the Ojibbeway and Ioway Indians in England, France, and by George Catlin (1852)
"... drive in a bus—Doctor's appearance outside — Indians' first impressions of London — lascars sweeping the streets—Man with a big nose—The Doctor lost, ..."
6. Life of William Allen, with selections from his correspondence by William Allen (1846)
"... about Sierra Leone —Lanark—Sierra Leone Settlers—lascars—Peace Society—Defeat of Bonaparte—Arrival of the Emperor of Russia and King of Prussia— Friends ..."
7. Life of William Allen: With Selections from His Correspondence by William Allen (1846)
"... Cardiff—Letter to Lord Sidmouth—Lecture—Conference with W. Wilberforce about Sierra Leone —Lanark—Sierra Leone Settlers—lascars—Peace Society—Defeat of ..."