Definition of Law firm
1. Noun. A firm of lawyers.
Law Firm Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Law Firm Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Law Firm
Literary usage of Law firm
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Commentaries on American Law by James Kent, John Melville Gould, Oliver Wendell Holmes (1901)
"Smith, 10 AC 119, 137. the firm by becoming surety for a client A law firm is limited in its scope, and in the course of its- business. ..."
2. The American Bar by James Clark Fifield (1918)
"Delta Theta Phi fraternity; Detroit Bar Ass'n; general practice, also specializes in Corporation law. Firm is counsel for: Dodge Bros. ..."
3. Russian Foreign Policy: Proliferation to Rogue Regimes: Hearing Before the by Benjamin A. Gilman (2000)
"We will proceed with Mr. James Woolsey, a partner in the law firm of Shea ... STATEMENT OF JAMES WOOLSEY, PARTNER, law firm OF SHEA & GARDNER Mr. WOOLSEY. ..."
4. The American State Reports: Containing the Cases of General Value and by Abraham Clark Freeman (1894)
"PARTNERSHIP TO PRACTICE LAW—FIRM PROFITS.—If a partner in a law firm carries on a business not connected with nor competing with that of the firm, ..."
5. Publications of the Buffalo Historical Society by Buffalo Historical Society (1920)
"It was built for the law firm of Rogers & Bowen, which had evolved from ... This famous law firm had its offices in Spaulding's Exchange, still standing ..."
6. The Canadian Law Times by Armour, Edward Douglas, 1851-1922, Judicial Committee, Great Britain, Elliott, Charles, Privy Council, Gillis, Edward, Hunter, Alfred Taylour, 1867-1957, Thompson, Bram (1911)
"S. Garvin, barrister-at-law, formerly a member of the law firm of Garvin & Garvin, Toronto, died at Elk Lake City on the 7th October. II. ..."
7. Lawyers' Reports Annotated by Lawyers Co-operative Publishing Company (1909)
"When an attorney at law, who is a member of a law firm, becomes a judge, ... Neither is a partner in a law firm entitled to compensation for his services ..."
Other Resources Relating to: Law firm