Definition of Law of action and reaction
1. Noun. Action and reaction are equal and opposite.
Generic synonyms: Law Of Motion, Newton's Law, Newton's Law Of Motion
Law Of Action And Reaction Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Law Of Action And Reaction Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Law Of Action And Reaction
Literary usage of Law of action and reaction
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Science by American Association for the Advancement of Science (1914)
"On page 15 he states that " The fundamental law of mechanics is known as the law of action and reaction." He then states Newton's third law and gives the ..."
2. Business Barometers Used in the Accumulation of Money by Roger Ward Babson (1920)
"He was sure, however, that he had only made a meagre investigation of the Law of Action and Reaction, and that research into that law would be rewarded by ..."
3. The Mechanics' Magazine (1855)
"This is, in fact, an application of the law of action and reaction, according to which there can be no change in the motion of the projectile except by an ..."
4. Chambers's Information for the People by William Chambers, Robert Chambers (1842)
"... from his knowledge of the law of action and reaction, betted that he would lie down on tha.ground and allow an anvil to be placed upon his breast, ..."
5. Popular Lectures on Science and Art: Delivered in the Principal Cities and by Dionysius Lardner (1856)
"It may be shown, without difficulty, that the example which we have just given obeys the law of " action and reaction." Before impact. ..."
6. Psychology, Normal and Abnormal: A Study of the Processes of Nature from the by Warren Estelle Lloyd, Annie Elizabeth Cheney (1908)
"... then we can observe the law of action and reaction at work in mental processes as well as in the physical world, although it will appear in reverse ..."
Other Resources Relating to: Law of action and reaction