Definition of Lead bank
1. Noun. A bank named by a lending syndicate of several banks to protect their interests.
Generic synonyms: Bank, Banking Company, Banking Concern, Depository Financial Institution
Lead Bank Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Lead Bank Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Lead Bank
Literary usage of Lead bank
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Capital (1888)
"Bankers themselves are not very happy about lead bank performance. At many places, the business or the local influence of the lead bank is less than that of ..."
2. OECD Economics Glossary: English-French = Glossaire de L'économie de L'OCDE by Oecd (2006)
"... 2. établissement de crédit foncier [BAN] lead bank ч ». lead agency, ... bank <us> banque à charte d'État [BAN] tenor bank syn. lead agency, lead bank, ..."
3. Calcutta Review by University of Calcutta (1844)
"The Reserve Bank of India accepted this and evolved the lead bank Scheme ... A lead bank in a district would be required (i) to survey the resources and ..."
4. Failing Banks: Lessons Learned from Resolving First City Bancorporation of Texas by DIANE Publishing Company (1995)
"... examination report strongly criticized the len First City's lead bank,4 First City-Houston. Some of its lo; from continued deterioration in loans made ..."
5. The Transition of Finance in Japan and the United States: A Comparative by Thomas F. Cargill, Shoichi Royama (1988)
"The fact that corporations did not obtain the majority of their funding from the lead bank did not reduce the role of the lead bank in the system or prevent ..."
6. Bank Oversight Structure: U. S. and Foreign Experience May Offer Lessons for edited by Maja Wessels, Tamara Cross, Kristi Peterson (1997)
"... basis of charter class of the lead bank. However, for systemic risk reasons, jurisdiction over those holding companies and nonbank affiliates of banking ..."
Other Resources Relating to: Lead bank