¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Leadscrew
1. [n -S]
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Leadscrew Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Leadscrew
Literary usage of Leadscrew
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. International Library of Technology: A Series of Textbooks for Persons by International Textbook Company (1903)
"For ordinary threads, the ordinary leadscrew is sufficiently accurate. When greater accuracy is required for such work as making taps or dies, the making of ..."
2. Constructive Text-book of Practical Mathematics by Horace Wilmer Marsh, Annie Griswold Fordyce Marsh (1913)
"... equals the number of teeth in the outer sleeve-gear times the number of teeth on the leadscrew-gear, divided by the number of teeth on the change ..."
3. Shop and Foundry Practice: Prepared for Students of the International by International Correspondence Schools (1901)
"The accuracy of the screw cut will depend on the accuracy of the leadscrew in the lathe used. For ordinary threads, the ordinary lead- screw is sufficiently ..."
4. The Manufacture of Pulp and Paper: A Textbook of Modern Pulp and Paper Mill by J. Newell Stephenson (1921)
"(a) \i (7) In the last Question, suppose gear F'" is keyed to the leadscrew of a lathe and gear D' is keyed to the lathe spindle; the leadscrew works in a ..."
5. Machinery (1902)
"Then the pinion P was slipped out of mesh with the gear and the slide returned, by rotating the leadscrew by hand, to its original position ready for ..."
6. Machinery's Reference Series (1908)
"With the lathe geared for any selected pitch, the nut engaged with the leadscrew, and all backlash of screw, gears, etc., properly taken up, ..."
7. The Artizans' Guide and Everybody's Assistant: Containing Over Three by Richard Moore (1873)
"... thread* to be cut. as before, and then multiply the number of threads on the leadscrew, as double the number it is. For instance if you want to cnt 10 ..."
8. Government Bonds: Statistical Data, Treasury Regulations, Market Quotations by First National City Bank of New York (1903)
"We have received remittance mentioned in your letter of leadscrew . .We have received remittance mentioned in your telegram of • Leafage We have not ..."