Definition of Least shrew
1. Noun. Small brown shrew of grassy regions of eastern United States.
Least Shrew Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Least Shrew Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Least Shrew
Literary usage of Least shrew
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Report of the Geological Survey of Ohio by Geological Survey of Ohio (1882)
"least shrew. On page 98 of this report I have given tnis species, ''not as a known resident of Ohio, hut as ;: species, without reasonable doubt, ..."
2. Science by American Association for the Advancement of Science (1898)
"The use of the name least shrew for Sorex personatus seems ill advised, since there are at least two smaller species and several which do not exceed it in ..."
3. Collections by CT Historical Society (1901)
"Among these were the star-nose, shrew, Say's least- shrew, and Brewer's shrew mole. Similarly, we had Wilson's meadow mouse, American white-footed mouse, ..."
4. Annual Report by New York Zoological Society, Tennyson Society (1897)
"least shrew. Vole. Star Nosed Mole. Manatee. Sperm Whale. Dolphin. Finback Whale. Porpoise. OPENING OF THE ZOOLOGICAL PARK. A year ago it was hoped that the ..."