Definition of Lesser peritoneal cavity
1. Noun. An isolated part of the peritoneal cavity that is dorsal to the stomach.
Generic synonyms: Bodily Cavity, Cavity, Cavum
Group relationships: Greater Peritoneal Sac, Peritoneal Cavity
Medical Definition of Lesser peritoneal cavity
Lesser Peritoneal Cavity Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Lesser Peritoneal Cavity Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Lesser Peritoneal Cavity
Literary usage of Lesser peritoneal cavity
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Surgery, Gynecology & Obstetrics by The American College of Surgeons, Franklin H. Martin Memorial Foundation (1922)
"Two rubber tubes were carried into the lesser peritoneal cavity, four cigarette drains in the ... These were limited mostly to the lesser peritoneal cavity. ..."
2. Journal of Morphology by Wistar Institute of Anatomy and Biology (1897)
"There are developed within the region of the septum trans- versum the whole liver, including its ventral mesentery, the lesser peritoneal cavity, ..."
3. Transactions of the American Association of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (1911)
"We see these cases when secondary changes have taken place, and then draining of the lesser peritoneal cavity is not sufficient because the pancreas has ..."
4. Surgery of the Upper Abdomen by John Blair Deaver, Astley Paston Cooper Ashhurst (1921)
"This portion of the lesser peritoneal cavity is usually the last to be ... The lesser peritoneal cavity of course communicates through the foramen of ..."
5. Diseases of the Pancreas and Their Surgical Treatment by Arthur William Mayo Robson (1902)
"lesser peritoneal cavity on the left side over the kidney and apparently ruptured into the general peritoneal cavity, a reddish-grey fluid oozing up on ..."
6. The Practitioner by Gale Group, ProQuest Information and Learning Company (1903)
"In this very important paper attention is drawn to effusions into the lesser peritoneal cavity, as the result of injury to the pancreas, and two cases are ..."
7. Abdominal Operations by Berkeley Moynihan Moynihan (1914)
"In this very important paper attention is drawn to effusions into the lesser peritoneal cavity, as the result of injury to the pancreas, and two cases ..."