Definition of Librarians
1. Noun. (plural of librarian) ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Librarians
1. librarian [n] - See also: librarian
Medical Definition of Librarians
1. Specialists in the management of a library or the services rendered by a library, bringing professional skills to administration, organization of material and personnel, interpretation of bibliothecal rules, the development and maintenance of the library's collection, and the provision of information services. (12 Dec 1998)
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Librarians Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Librarians
Literary usage of Librarians
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Library Journal by American Library Association, Library Association, Richard Rogers Bowker, Charles Ammi Cutter (1907)
"When the 1876 conference of librarians was held at Philadelphia, the first attempt by the booktrade to fix the retail price of books was being made, ..."
2. Annual Conference Proceedings of the American Library Association by American Library Association. Conference, American Library Association (1919)
"Some of you have tried to hire trained librarians during the past two years, and you have found ... At present the demand for librarians exceeds the supply, ..."
3. The Library by Bibliographical Society (Great Britain)., Library Association (1893)
"American Women as librarians.1 A SCAMPER through America and a time-limited sojourn in ^*- the midst of the World's Fair Congresses, during the hottest part ..."
4. State and County Educational Reorganization: The Revised Constitution and by Ellwood Patterson Cubberley (1914)
"County librarians. — Each county board of education, acting on the recommendation of the county superintendent of education, shall appoint a county ..."
5. The American Year Book: A Record of Events and Progress by Francis Graham Wickware, (, Albert Bushnell Hart, (, Simon Newton Dexter North, William M. Schuyler (1918)
"The Survey declares that school librarians should be at least as well paid as ... Distinct unrest among librarians has been in evidence within the past year ..."
6. Bulletin of Bibliography and Dramatic Index by Frederick Winthrop Faxon, Mary Estella Bates, Anne C. Sutherland (1917)
"A series of annotated bibliographies compiled by librarians for librarians. Each with a short biographical sketch. 33 dramatists and composers — practically ..."
7. Readers' Guide to Periodical Literatureby H.W. Wilson Company by H.W. Wilson Company (1909)
"A Special Service for Booksellers and librarians To most librarians and booksellers the recommendation and purchase of technical books present special ..."