Definition of Lighting industry
1. Noun. An industry devoted to manufacturing and selling and installing lighting.
Lighting Industry Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Lighting Industry Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Lighting Industry
Literary usage of Lighting industry
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Proceedings by American Society of Civil Engineers (1905)
"Of course, the carbon industry accompanied the arc-lighting industry; ... Of course it is entirely dependent upon the growth of the arc-lighting industry; ..."
2. Light's Labour's Lost: Policies for Energy-Efficient Lighting by Paul Waide, Satoshi Tanishima, International Energy Agency (2006)
"In 2003, the value of China's lighting industry was estimated to be CNY 100 billion (100 billion Yuan renminbi; USD 12.1 billion), of which exports are ..."
3. Public Ownership of Telephones on the Continent of Europe by Arthur Norman Holcombe (1911)
"Gray, Hughes, and their associates, displayed itself with equal effect in the arc lighting industry. The work of Brush, Weston, Thomson, Houston, ..."
4. Harvard Economic Studies by Harvard University Dept. of Economics (1911)
"The other branch of the electric lighting industry was founded by Edison in 1879 with the invention of the incandescent lamp.1 In Germany the further ..."
5. Convention by National Electric Light Association Convention, National Independent Meat Packers Association, University of Georgia College of Agriculture, University of Georgia Dept. of Food Science (1906)
"It is the largest field in the whole lighting industry. With 80 per cent of all the incandescent lamps in use to-day throughout the world used for lighting ..."
6. The Truth about the Trusts: A Description and Analysis of the American Trust by John Moody (1904)
"Later it acquired a number of suburban gas companies, and it now dominates the entire gas lighting industry in the Boroughs of Brooklyn and Queens. ..."
7. Municipal Franchises: A Description of the Terms and Conditions Upon which by Delos Franklin Wilcox (1910)
"Many critics and authorities are of the opinion that, successful as the electric lighting industry has proven to be, it could hardly have survived and ..."
8. Journal by Chartered Insurance Institute (1897)
"The question is undoubtedly one of very great importance to the electric lighting industry, and ything that can be brought out from this discussion will of ..."
Other Resources Relating to: Lighting industry