Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Limma Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Limma
Literary usage of Limma
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Quarterly Musical Magazine and Review by Richard Mackenzie Bacon (1821)
"The tone with the limma formed their diminished minor third in the ratio of 32 to 27; ... Two major tones, or their major third 81 to 6-4, with the limma, ..."
2. A System of Mechanical Philosophy by John Robison, James Watt (1822)
"A Vth is made up of three tones and a limma. Therefore the variation of its ... A minor 3d is made up of a tone and a limma: there- lore its variation is ..."
3. The Journal of the Manchester Geographical Society by Manchester Geographical Society (1898)
"The string of each terra- chord lying idle was used to divide the limma, ... A Thus the steps, ascending in order of pitch, are A, half limma A1, half limma ..."
4. The Harmony of the World by Johannes Kepler, E. J. Aiton, A. M. Duncan, Judith Veronica Field (1997)
"The same comma subtracted from a semi- Platonic limma. tone 15:16 leaves a Platonic limma, 243:256, which is roughly 19:20; but added to 15:16 it makes ..."
5. A Text-book of Physics by William Watson (1899)
"If the interval of a tempered limma is called .r, then there will be twelve of these ... In this tempered scale the limma is 1.059, instead of being 1.067, ..."