Definition of Lindesnes
1. Noun. A cape at the southern tip of Norway.
Group relationships: Kingdom Of Norway, Noreg, Norge, Norway
Generic synonyms: Cape, Ness
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Lindesnes Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Lindesnes
Literary usage of Lindesnes
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The London Encyclopaedia, Or, Universal Dictionary of Science, Art by Thomas Tegg (1829)
"From its southern extremity, Cape lindesnes, or Lime Cape, called by English sailors the Naze, to the North Cape, its northern extremity, it extends through ..."
2. The Bathymetrical Features of the North Polar Seas: With a Discussion of the by Fridtjof Nansen (1904)
"East af lindesnes the coast platform is imperfectly developed, but is distinctly ... Just off lindesnes there is an isolated hole with a depth of 677 m. ..."
3. History of the Norwegian People by Knut Gjerset (1915)
"... to lindesnes is miles, so that if the country were swung around, its northern extremity would reach the Pyrenees. Norway is a little larger than the ..."
4. In Northern Mists: Arctic Exploration in Early Times by Fridtjof Nansen (1911)
"... be the North Sea and the Northern Ocean beyond lindesnes.1 We must believe that Philemon has obtained his information about the Cimbri (at the Skaw), ..."
Other Resources Relating to: Lindesnes