Definition of Linguistics department
1. Noun. The academic department responsible for teaching and research in linguistics.
Linguistics Department Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Linguistics Department Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Linguistics Department
Literary usage of Linguistics department
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Final Evaluation Of The Results Of Eurotra: A Specific Programme Concerning ...by DIANE Publishing Company by DIANE Publishing Company (2004)
"The Applied linguistics department within the linguistics department has taught CL since the end of the '70s. In 1984, during the study phase, ..."
2. Detained in China and Tibet: A Directory of Political and Religious Prisoners by Robin Munro, Mickey Spiegel, Asia Watch Committee (U.S.) (1994)
"[7 YRS] • Teacher X (name unknown), in his thirties, a teacher in the linguistics department at Changde Normal University, Hunan Province, and a graduate of ..."
3. First Text Retrieval Conference (Trec-1): Proceedings by D. K. Harman (1993)
"... Armar A. Archbold Laboratory for Computational linguistics department of Philosophy 1 Introduction Carnegie Mellon University This report presents an ..."
4. The Hmong, 1987-1995: A Selected & Annotated Bibliography edited by Christina J. Smith (1996)
"St. Paul, MN: linguistics department, Macalester College, 1992. The second edition of a work first published in 1985, this collection of twenty- seven ..."
5. Family Literacy: Directions in Research & Implications for Practice edited by Jerome E. Lord (1996)
"... in psychology from McGill University in 1971, after which she worked for several years in the linguistics department of the University of Amsterdam. ..."