Definition of Lionel barrymore
1. Noun. United States actor; son of Maurice Barrymore and Georgiana Barrymore (1878-1954).
Lionel Barrymore Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Lionel Barrymore Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Lionel Barrymore
Literary usage of Lionel barrymore
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Who's who on the Screen by Charles Donald Fox, Milton L. Silver (1920)
"lionel barrymore lionel barrymore is a member of the famous Barrymore family, sometimes called "The Royal Family of the Stage." Mr. Barrymore made his first ..."
2. The Cambridge History of American Literature by William Peterfield Trent (1921)
"Criterion Theatre, 29 Dec., 1903 (lionel barrymore). 'Mre. ... Hartford, Conn., 22 Jan., 1918 (lionel barrymore). Other plays credited to Augustus Thomas ..."
3. Famous Actor-Families in America by Montrose Jonas Moses (1906)
"... who (1906) likewise wrote a playlet of quaint conceit called "Pantaloon," a harlequin domestic story, in which lionel barrymore and John Barrymore both ..."
4. The Dramatic Index for ...: Covering Articles and Illustrations Concerning edited by Anne C. Sutherland, Frederick Winthrop Faxon, Mary Estella Bates (1918)
"l~, 4. Portrait as Peter Ibbetson. Met. M. 46: N.'17, 17. — (with lionel barrymore). Cur. Opin. t>2 : 400, Je.'17. Portrait as St. Francis of Assisi. ..."
5. Theatre Arts by Society of Arts and Crafts, Detroit (1921)
"This is only a fault perhaps because of the still greater fault of the leading actor, lionel barrymore. If he possessed the spiritual fire and strength that ..."