Definition of Livery stable
1. Noun. Stable where horses and vehicles are kept for hire.
Livery Stable Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Livery Stable Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Livery Stable
Literary usage of Livery stable
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Lawyers' Reports Annotated by Lawyers Co-operative Publishing Company (1909)
"805 (suit by proprietor of adjoining hotel to enjoin conversion of a store building into a livery stable) ; Stilwell v. Buffalo Riding Academy, 21 Abb. NC ..."
2. The American and English Encyclopedia of Law by David Shephard Garland, John Houston Merrill, Charles Frederic Williams, Thomas Johnson Michie (1890)
"(d) livery stable Keeper as Lessor, etc.—In Louisiana, the keeper of a livery stable has no privilege, as a lessor, upon carriages and horses kept in his ..."
3. Treatise on the Law Governing Nuisances: With Particular Reference to Its by Joseph Asbury Joyce, Howard Clifford Joyce (1906)
"livery stable nuisance from manner of construction or conducting.—Though a livery stable is not a nuisance per se,a it may become one by reason of the ..."
4. American State Trials: A Collection of the Important and Interesting by John Davison Lawson, Robert Lorenzo Howard (1918)
"His business is keeper of a livery stable. In answer to the question who took the livery stable with him in 1865, he says: "Dr. Cleaver; his name is Win. ..."
5. Supreme Court Reporter by Robert Desty, United States Supreme Court, West Publishing Company (1915)
"A municipal ordinance passed under authority delegated by the state legislature, making it unlawful to conduct a livery stable business within a designated ..."
6. Forms of Practice, Or, American Precedents in Personal and Real Actions by Benjamin Lynde Oliver (1851)
"For occupying a building as a livery stable, in a part of the town, being a maritime town, without the direction of the selectmen. To answer to AB, ..."
Other Resources Relating to: Livery stable