Definition of Local area network
1. Noun. A local computer network for communication between computers; especially a network connecting computers and word processors and other electronic office equipment to create a communication system between offices.
Terms within: Bus, Busbar
Generic synonyms: Computer Network
Specialized synonyms: Ethernet, Wifi, Wireless Fidelity, Wireless Local Area Network, Wlan
Local Area Network Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Local Area Network Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Local Area Network
Literary usage of Local area network
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Backup Book: Disaster Recovery from Desktop to Data Center by Dorian J. Cougias, E. L. Heiberger, Karsten Koop (2003)
"... TROUBLE SPOTS ON THE local area network Network corruption is more than bad cabling and bad addresses. Network corruption also enters the picture when ..."
2. Measurements for Competitiveness in Electronics (1994)
"... loop several kilometers undersea submarine any distance undersea local-area network local, typically 2 kilometers metropolitan-area network regional, ..."
3. Microcomputer Security by David J. Stang (1991)
"LAN See local area network. lattice (Orange book) A partially ordered set for ... local area network usen can share data stored on hard disks in the network ..."
4. National Computer Security Conference Proceedings, 1992: Information Systems by DIANE Publishing Company (1992)
"20899 1 INTRODUCTION 1.1 Purpose The purpose of this document is to describe a process that can be used to improve the security of a local area network ..."