Definition of Low-class
1. Adjective. Occupying the lowest socioeconomic position in a society.
Attributes: Position, Status
Similar to: Non-u, Proletarian, Blue-collar, Propertyless, Wage-earning, Working-class, Upper-lower-class
Antonyms: Middle-class, Upper-class
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Low-class Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Low-class
Literary usage of Low-class
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Sunshine and shadow in New York by Matthew Hale Smith (1869)
"LOW CLASS GAMBLING-HOUSES. THE SKIN GAME. — HOW VICTIMS ARE SECURED. • THE SKIN GAME. THERE are two kinds of gambling in the city, one known as the square ..."
2. Transactions of the American Institute of Electrical Engineers by American Institute of Electrical Engineers (1903)
"I desired to find out whether this was a high-class station and low-class distribution, and if so, why? PROFESSOR GOLDSBOROUGH:—I think the matter can be ..."
3. Three Years Among the Working-classes in the United States During the War by James Dawson Burn (1865)
"... Magistrates and Judges—Instances of Injustice and Successful Violence—Low Class Appointments to Judicial Offices— American Barristers—111 Consequences ..."
4. Educational Tests and Measurements by Walter Scott Monroe, James Clarence De Voss, Frederick James Kelly (1917)
"These are low class-medians, a wide range of scores, low scores for individual pupils, ... Low class-medians and low individual scores refer to median and ..."
5. Hearings Before the Committee on Interstate and Foreign Commerce of the by United States, Congress, House (1905)
"Of course if rates remain fixed and you get a larger proportion of low-class tonnage and a smaller proportion of high-class tonnage, the average rate per ..."
6. Leading Points in South African History, 1486 to March 30, 1900, Arranged by Edwin A. Pratt (1900)
"illicit liquor trade carried on by a low class of Boers with the connivance of the police. - MAY 4. Sir A. Milner states the case for the Uitlanders. ..."
Other Resources Relating to: Low-class