Definition of Lugosi
1. Noun. United States film actor (born in Hungary) noted for portraying monsters (1884-1956).
Generic synonyms: Actor, Histrion, Player, Role Player, Thespian
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Lugosi Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Lugosi
Literary usage of Lugosi
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Genomic Signal Processing and Statistics by Edward R Dougherty (2005)
" L. Devroye, L. Gyorfi, and G. lugosi, A Probabilistic Theory of Pattern ...  A. Farago and G. lugosi, "Strong universal consistency of neural ..."
2. Hollywood & the Best of Los Angeles Alive! by Robert White, Phyllis White (2002)
"Don't miss the first edition of Dracula, signed by Bela lugosi, Vincent Price and the curator of Dracula's castle in Transylvania. ..."
3. My Tiny Life: Crime and Passion in a Virtual World by Julian Dibbell (1998)
"... like Bela lugosi. She fled to the other end of the chaise longue. I followed. She cowered. I tickled her mercilessly then: ribs, armpits, belly, ..."
4. The Miscellaneous Works of Oliver Goldsmith, M. B.: Including a Variety of by Oliver Goldsmith (1837)
"The characters are scarcely visible; but lugosi, the learned antiquary, supposes it to have been erected in honour of Picus, a Latin king, ..."