2. Verb. (third-person singular of lull) ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Lulls
1. lull [v] - See also: lull
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Lulls Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Lulls
lulls (current term)
Literary usage of Lulls
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Ancient History of the Egyptians, Carthaginians, Assyrians, Babylonians by Charles Rollin (1850)
"HE lulls THE ATHENIANS. *47' NOTWITHSTANDING THE REMONSTRANCES OF DEMOSTHENES, INTO SECURITY, BY A PRETENDED PEACE AND FALSE PROMISES. ..."
2. The Natural History of Selborne by Gilbert White (1904)
"The swinging cradle lulls the whimpering babe Meantime ; while growling round, if at the tread Of hasty passenger alarm'd, as of their store Protective, ..."
3. A Glossary: Or, Collection of Words, Phrases, Names, and Allusions to by Robert Nares, James Orchard Halliwell-Phillipps, Thomas Wright (1901)
"... 1659, " there are some proverbs that carry a kind of authority with them, as that which began in Henrie the Fourth's time, He that lulls fhf. cow ..."