Definition of Lymph gland
1. Noun. The source of lymph and lymphocytes.
Generic synonyms: Lymphatic Tissue, Lymphoid Tissue
Specialized synonyms: Axillary Node, Peter's Gland, Peyer's Patch, Bubo
Group relationships: Immune System, Cardiovascular System, Circulatory System
Definition of Lymph gland
1. Noun. (informal) An alternative name for a lymph node. ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Medical Definition of Lymph gland
Lymph Gland Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Lymph Gland Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Lymph Gland
Literary usage of Lymph gland
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Journal of Experimental Medicine by Rockefeller University, Rockefeller Institute, Rockefeller Institute for Medical Research (1919)
"Mesenteric lymph gland.—The cortex of the mesenteric lymph gland becomes full of ... Inguinal lymph gland.—The changes observed here are exactly similar to ..."
2. Special Report on Diseases of Cattle by United States Bureau of Animal Industry, Vickers T. Atkinson, William Dickson, William Heyser Harbaugh, James Law, John Robbins Mohler, William Herbert Lowe, A. J. Murray, Leonard Pearson, Brayton Howard Ransom, Milton R. Trumbower, Richard West Hickma (1916)
"Tuberculosis of lymph gland and of omentum (cuul). ... A lymph gland from the region of the thorax behind or above the esophagus, or gullet (posterior, ..."
3. Human Physiology, Statical and Dynamical: Or, The Conditions and Course of by John William Draper (1870)
"Evolution of colls In lymph gland. Fig. 36 illustrates the generation of broods of cells, some being attached and some free. ..."
4. Text-book of Meat Hygiene: With Special Consideration of Antemortem and by Richard Heinrich Edelmann, John Robbins Mohler, Adolph Eichhorn (1919)
"A. Shoulder, upper arm, thoracic wall, and elbow lymph gland. E. Inferior cervical lymph glands. 3. Elbow lymph glands.—They occur only in the horse. ..."
5. Anatomy, Descriptive and Applied by Henry Gray (1913)
"Section of small lymph gland of rabbit X 100. ... A lymph gland consists of (1) a fibrous envelope ..."
6. The Throat and nose and their diseases by Lennox Browne, Isaac Lennox Browne, Mayo Collier, James Cagney, Vitruvius Harold Wyatt Wingrave (1899)
"... INFECTING lymph gland (J in. Obj.). FIG. CXCV.—EPITHELIOMA SHOWING CELL NESTS (J in. Obj.). The infection of a lymphatic gland by epithelial elements at ..."
7. A Text-book of Histology: Arranged Upon an Embryological Basis by Frederic Thomas Lewis, Philipp Stöhr (1913)
"X 60. a, Artery; g, lymph gland; 1, lymphatic vessel; v, vein. through it in a system of ... These general features of a lymph gland are shown in Fig. 196. ..."