Definition of Lymphangiectasis
1. Noun. Dilatation of a lymph vessel.
Medical Definition of Lymphangiectasis
1. Dilatation of the lymphatic vessels. (12 Dec 1998)
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Lymphangiectasis Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Lymphangiectasis
Literary usage of Lymphangiectasis
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. A Manual of modern surgery, general and operative by John Chalmers Da Costa (1894)
"In most cases of lymphangiectasis there is considerable hard ... Lymphangioma is an advanced stage of lymphangiectasis (p. 209). The treatment in mild cases ..."
2. The Principles and Practice of Dermatology: Designed for Students and by William Allen Pusey (1907)
"The usual form of lymphangiectasis is elephantiasis (qv). In this the lymphatic obstruction is accompanied by great overgrowth of connective tissue. ..."
3. A Practical treatise on diseases of the skin, for the use of students and by James Nevins Hyde (1893)
"lymphangiectasis is a rare disorder characterized by the occurrence, within and beneath the skin, of lesions resembling vesicles, grouped or irregularly ..."
4. Handbook of the Diagnosis and Treatment of Skin Diseases by Arthur Van Harlingen (1895)
"The disease usually results in marked scarring and deformity.* lymphangiectasis.—Besnier and Doyon divide these lesions of the skin into (a) acute ..."
5. A Handbook of pathological anatomy and histology: With an Introductory by Francis Delafield, Theophil Mitchell Prudden (1889)
"lymphangiectasis. Dilatation of the lymph vessels occurs under a variety of conditions. It may be congenital, or it may be due to some hindrance to the flow ..."
6. Surgical diseases of children: A Modern Treatise on Pediatric Surgery by Samuel Walter Kelley (1914)
"... of the lymph tissues of the pharynx and naso-pharynx ; Primary and secondary tumors of the lymph vessels and of the lymph glands; lymphangiectasis, ..."
7. Oxford Loose-leaf Surgery by F. F. Burghard, Allen Buckner Kanavel (1920)
"lymphangiectasis is a condition comparable to varicosity of the veins, but affecting the lymphatic vessels. It may occur in any form of lymphatic ..."
8. Diseases of the Eye: A Practical Treatise for Students of Ophthalmology by George Andreas Berry (1893)
"lymphangiectasis of the conjunctiva. tival irritation set up by exposure to strong electric light. There is intense photophobia, swelling of the lids and ..."