Definition of Lymphatic vessel
1. Noun. A vascular duct that carries lymph which is eventually added to the venous blood circulation.
Generic synonyms: Canal, Channel, Duct, Epithelial Duct
Group relationships: Lymphatic System, Systema Lymphaticum
Specialized synonyms: Thoracic Duct, Lacteal
Medical Definition of Lymphatic vessel
Lymphatic Vessel Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Lymphatic Vessel Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Lymphatic Vessel
Literary usage of Lymphatic vessel
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The American Journal of the Medical Sciences by Southern Society for Clinical Investigation (U.S.) (1835)
"A lymphatic vessel going out from another smaller gland, partially filled with ... He injected a little mercury into a lymphatic vessel of the other foot, ..."
2. Manual of the International List of Causes of Death: Based on the Second by United States Bureau of the Census, Cressy Livingston Wilbur (1911)
"This title includes: Abscess of axilla groin Inflammation of lymphatic vessel lymph node lymphatic gland Adenitis (unqualified) of ganglia thymus gland ..."
3. Anatomy, Descriptive and Surgical by Henry Gray (1901)
"The efferent lymphatic vessel also emerges from the gland at this spot, while the afferent vessels enter the organ at different parts of the periphery. ..."
4. Medical lexicon: A Dictionary of Medical Science, Containing a Concise by Robley Dunglison (1866)
"lymphatic vessel* are generally smaller than arteries and veins. ... Discharge of lymph from a lymphatic vessel, owing to a lesion of its coats. ..."
5. A Text-book of Histology: Arranged Upon an Embryological Basis by Frederic Thomas Lewis, Philipp Stöhr (1913)
"The growth of a given lymphatic vessel was thus demonstrated, as shown in Fig. ... Toward such a corpuscle the lymphatic vessel grew, and having reached it ..."
6. A Complete pronouncing medical dictionary by Joseph Thomas (1885)
"A term for a lymphatic vessel. Lym-phan-gt-0-to'mï-a. ... a " lymphatic vessel," and the Gr. те/im, to "cut."] Dissection of the lymphatic vessels. ..."