Definition of Lymphuria
1. Noun. The presence of lymph in the urine.
Medical Definition of Lymphuria
1. Discharge of lymph in the urine. Origin: Lympho-+ G. Ouron, urine (05 Mar 2000)
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Lymphuria Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Lymphuria
Literary usage of Lymphuria
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Transactions of the Epidemiological Society of London by Epidemiological Society of London (1883)
"In the third and fourth cases, lymphuria was met with, causing in the former no ... The seventh, eighth and ninth cases, were instances of severe lymphuria, ..."
2. Medico-Chirurgical Transactions by Royal Medical and Chirurgical Society of London (1907)
"... nor lymphuria if the patient had eaten no fat food for several hours previously. After a meal containing fat, chyle seemed to appear in the urine rather ..."
3. The American Journal of the Medical Sciences by Southern Society for Clinical Investigation (U.S.) (1889)
"... as lymphuria and lymphocele." The matured opinion of those who have had the best opportunities of studying the relation of the filaria to diseases in ..."
4. The Practitioner by Gale Group, ProQuest Information and Learning Company (1884)
"And lastly, Dr. Prospero Sonsino, of Pisa, contributes a communication on filaria sanguinis hominis, lymphocele, lymphuria, and other associated morbid ..."
5. A Manual of Clinical Laboratory Methods by John Benjamin Nichols (1901)
"Lymph would appear in the urine (lymphuria, ... lymphuria would be manifested chiefly by the presence of fibrin and albumin; ..."
6. Tropical Diseases: A Manual of the Diseases of Warm Climates by Patrick Manson (1918)
"... or lymphuria, is the result. Symptoms.—This disease frequently appears without warning; usually, however, pain in the back and aching sensations about ..."