Definition of Maills
1. maill [n] - See also: maill
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Maills Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Maills
Literary usage of Maills
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Forms and Procedure in Civil Causes in the Sheriff Courts of Scotland by David Johnston Macbrair (1853)
"The action of maills and duties is resorted to by a proprietor ... maills, and duties of their several possessions of the foresaid subjects and others, ..."
2. Scottish Notes and Queries edited by John Bulloch (1897)
"The Lord-Advocate—[ am aware of the existence of what are termed King's maills referred to in the first part of the question. They are annual payments made ..."
3. The Practice of the Sheriff Courts of Scotland in Civil Causes by John Dove Wilson (1883)
"If they refuse either to buy or sell, the ship is sold in the same way as an arrested vessel is sold.(z) Section XVIII.—ACTION OF maills AND DUTIES. ..."
4. A Handbook of Prescription According to the Law of Scotlandby John Hepburn Millar, Mark Napier by John Hepburn Millar, Mark Napier (1893)
"I. ' House-maills.'—House-rents on a verbal lease prescribe from year to year.5 But arrears of rent of a farm,6 or of a minister's glebe,7 do not fall ..."
5. The Scots Digest of the Cases Decided in the Supreme Courts of Scotland: And by John Condie Stewart Sandeman, Scotland Courts (1905)
"Held that an action of maills and duties was competent at the instance of the ... Where there had not been at the date of raising an action of maills and ..."
6. Handbook of Practice in Civil Causes in the Sheriff-courts of Scotland: With by John Dove Wilson (1869)
"ACTION OF maills AND DUTIES. An action for the payment of rents used to be called an action of maills and ..."
7. A Practical Treatise on the Forms of Process: Containing the New Regulations by Thomas Beveridge, Scotland Jury Court (1826)
"It may, however, be here noticed in passing, that the process of maills and duties, like the process of ..."
8. The Scottish Jurist: Containing Reports of Cases Decided in the House of by Great Britain Parliament. House of Lords, House of Lords, Parliament, Great Britain (1838)
"... honds held hy the advocators contained an assignment to the rents, maills, and duties of the lands, the attempt of John Peacock, senior, ..."