¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Maistry
1. the power of a maister [n MAISTRIES]
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Maistry Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Maistry
Literary usage of Maistry
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Report on the Administration of the Police by Madras (India : State). Police Dept (1884)
"Next day (Sunday) the " writer, maistry Sheik Ismal and some of the coolies ... The writer and the maistry went to the Arrack Shop " and drank a good deal ..."
2. Missions: American Baptist International Magazine by American Baptist Foreign Mission Society (1911)
"Luke went to the Straits Settlements as a cooly and is now a maistry. He has been careful, and has sent me a goodly sum of money from his savings. ..."
3. The Wynaad and the Planting Industry of Southern India by Francis Ford (1895)
"To obtain these labourers I give an advance to " a contractor or maistry who contracts to supply me with coolies " to prune, weed or otherwise cultivate the ..."
4. Indian Storage Reservoirs with Earthen Dams: Being a Practical Treatise on by William Lumisden Strange (1913)
"A rough note-book should be given to each maistry, and iu it extracts from the general works order-book which apply to his charge should be posted by the ..."
5. The Annals of Indian Administration by Meredith Townsend (1860)
"The maistry of Kode expended, from his first appointment in February 1856 up to 1st April, ... The maistry of Bunka- poor, Rs. 3421-10-10. The maistry of ..."