Definition of Male horse
1. Noun. The male of species Equus caballus.
Male Horse Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Male Horse Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Male Horse
Literary usage of Male horse
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Writing for the Press: A Manual by Robert Luce (1907)
"Be likewise accurate in speaking of horses; remember a stallion is a male horse that has not been altered; a gelding is a male horse that has been altered; ..."
2. Writing for the Press: A Manual for Editors, Reporters, Correspondents, and by Robert Luce (1903)
"Be likewise accurate in speaking of horses; remember a stallion is a male horse that has not been altered ; a. gelding is a male horse that has been altered ..."
3. The Contemporary Review (1876)
"The special valué of the mare, as compared with the male horse. is denoted ... Further, by the use of the epithet ápa-r¡v for the male horse, or stallion. ..."
4. The Fur Traders and Fur Bearing Animals by Marcus Petersen (1914)
"Pony is a general term for all small horses, and a gelding is a castrated male horse. The Horse was probably first domesticated in Asia, long before it was ..."
5. Frank Forester's Field Sports of the United States and British Provinces of by Henry William Herbert (1849)
"A male Horse is a stallion. . A collection of Horses is a stud. The application of the latter term to the male Horse, is not merely vulgar squeamishness, ..."