Definition of Malignant neoplasm
1. Noun. A tumor that is malignant and tends to spread to other parts of the body.
Generic synonyms: Neoplasm, Tumor, Tumour, Malignance, Malignancy
Specialized synonyms: Carcinosarcoma, Cancer, Malignant Neoplastic Disease, Angiosarcoma, Myeloma, Neuroblastoma, Neuroepithelioma, Retinoblastoma
Malignant Neoplasm Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Malignant Neoplasm Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Malignant Neoplasm
Literary usage of Malignant neoplasm
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Diseases of the stomach by John Conrad Hemmeter (1900)
"It is an error for clinicians to speak of gastric cancer as if this were the only type of malignant neoplasm that can attack the stomach. ..."
2. Health United States 1995: The Annual National Report on Health by Kate Prager, Diane M. Makuc, Jacob J. Feldman (1998)
"... malignant neoplasm of peritoneum and pleura (mesothelioma) 602 591 552 584 ... 149 160 138 135 153 128 130 25-64 years malignant neoplasm of peritoneum ..."
3. Gynecological Pathology; a Manual of Microscopic Technique and Diagnosis in by Karl Abel, Samuel Wyllis Bandler (1901)
"We are often compelled to say that in the pieces given to us for examination we do not find the necessary evidences of the presence of a malignant neoplasm. ..."
4. Digestive Diseases of the U. S.: Epidemiology and Impact edited by James E. Everhart (1994)
"... unspecified 154 malignant neoplasm of rectum, rectosigmoid junction, and anus 154.0 Rectosigmoid junction 154.1 Rectum 154.2 Anal canal Excludes: skin ..."