Definition of Maurice chevalier
1. Noun. French actor and cabaret singer (1888-1972).
Generic synonyms: Actor, Histrion, Player, Role Player, Thespian, Singer, Vocaliser, Vocalist, Vocalizer
Maurice Chevalier Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Maurice Chevalier Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Maurice Chevalier
Literary usage of Maurice chevalier
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The A. E. F.: With General Pershing and the American Forces by Heywood Broun (1918)
"Thus, under the picture of maurice chevalier, a clever comedian and dancer, one read that Mons. Chevalier was wounded at the battle of Cutry, when a bullet ..."
2. The Reluctant Sheriff: The United States After the Cold War by Richard N. Haass (1997)
"In the memorable words of the renowned international relations theorist Maurice Chevalier, thank heaven for little girls. ..."
3. Monaco by Gustave Saige (1897)
"Le prince fut alors fait brigadier. Le chevalier de Monaco blessé à Fontenoy (1745). — Son frère, Charles-Maurice, chevalier de ..."
4. Adventure Guide by Heather Stimmler-Hall (2004)
"Cross the street to the Place maurice chevalier and follow the Rue Etienne Dolet to the Boulevard de Belleville. The colorful Marche Belleville, ..."