Definition of Mechanic's lien
1. Noun. Lien to secure payment for work and materials in erecting or repairing a building or other structure.
Mechanic's Lien Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Mechanic's Lien Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Mechanic's Lien
Literary usage of Mechanic's lien
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Civil Procedure Reports: Containing Cases Under the Code of Civil Procedure by New York (State), Henry Huffman Browne, Courts, Rufus Leonard Scott, James Manford Kerr, Percival Soloman Menken (1896)
"Demurrer to complaint in action for the foreclosure of a mechanic.s lien. t John Mulholland, for plaintiff. George Haas, for defendant. ..."
2. Massachusetts Reports: Cases Argued and Determined in the Supreme Judicial by Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court (1866)
"A mechanic,s lien is not defeated by his including in his statement, as a part of his claim for labor and materials " in building and erecting a house," ..."
3. The American State Reports: Containing the Cases of General Value and by Abraham Clark Freeman (1893)
"... or superior to the mechanic s lien, or will authorize a sale of all the property on execution issued under such judgment; and in such case when part of ..."
4. Hints for Forensic Practice: A Monograph on Certain Rules Appertaining to by Theodore Frelinghuysen Cornell Demarest (1905)
"To which, defendant objected "as immaterial, and that the mechanic,s lien-law does not authorize any lien upon mirror-frames or hat-stands. ..."
5. Massachusetts Reports: Cases Argued and Determined in the Supreme Judicial by Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court (1914)
"Mechanic s Lien. Mortgage, Of real estate. Equity Pleading and Practice, Costs. Under RL c. 197, § 5, a mortgage of real estate for an amount named, ..."
6. Law of Real Property: Being a Complete Compendium of Real Estate Law by Emerson Etheridge Ballard, Tilghman Ethan Ballard, Arthur Walker Blakemore (1910)
"As to what constitutes such commencement of an action to enforce a mechanic s lien as will prevent the running of the statute of limitations. 3:510; 4:515; ..."
7. Supplement to the Codes of California: Embracing the General Statutes, the by California, James Henry Deering (1893)
"Cartage may be allowed on foreclosure of mechanic s lien: Laborer's lien: 72 Cal. 78; 75 Cal. 205; 65 Cal. 353; 66 Cal. 291; 77 Cal. 190. ..."