Definition of Median value
1. Noun. The value below which 50% of the cases fall.
Category relationships: Statistics
Generic synonyms: Average, Norm
Derivative terms: Median
Median Value Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Median Value Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Median Value
Literary usage of Median value
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Investigation of Inappropriate Pollutant Entries Into Storm Drainage Systems by Robert Pitt (1993)
"As an example, consider a tracer having a COV of 0.23 and a median value of 0.14. ... The error in the estimate of the median value is therefore between 14 ..."
2. A Manual of Experimental Physiology for Students of Medicine by Winfield Scott Hall (1904)
"There are 158 values below the median value and as many above it. 1. ... That being the case, 22 the median value would be 56 and =-r cm. ..."
3. A Laboratory Guide in Physiology by Winfield Scott Hall (1897)
"The problem is to find the value of the median measurement or the median value. There are 158 values below the median and as many above. First. ..."
4. The American Journal of Psychology by Granville Stanley Hall, Edward Bradford Titchener (1904)
"For instance, it will be recalled that Gilbert argues at length for the use of the median-value versus the arithmetical average. ..."
5. Studies from the Yale Psychological Laboratory by Yale Psychological Laboratory, Edward Wheeler Scripture (1893)
"The arithmetical average of these ten is 26.7, whereas the median value, ... By the median value, instead of allowing them to count in direct proportion to ..."
6. Assessment of the Scientific Information for the Radiation Exposure by National Research Council (U.S.) (2005)
"One possible criterion for awarding compensation under RECA is if the median value of the PC/AS distribution is equal to or greater than 0.5, that is, ..."
7. American Gymnasia and Athletic Record (1906)
"If it is desired to substitute the established mathematical formula for securing the median value, it can be readily done: Md (n/2-l) M = medían value to be ..."