¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Megavitamin
1. [n -S]
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Megavitamin Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Megavitamin
Literary usage of Megavitamin
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Alternative Medicine: Expanding Medical Horizons by DIANE Publishing Company (1995)
"One outcome of the increased attention focused on the megavitamin issue by Pauling's Science article was the publication of a report by the American ..."
2. Getting Off the Hook: Treatment of Drug Addiction and Social Disorders by Jurriaan Plesman (1986)
"megavitamin Therapy is not synonymous with it. It is the study of the genetics, metabolic, endocrine, and immunological and toxic disturbances contributing ..."
3. Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder: State of the Science, Best Practicesby Peter S. Jensen, James R. Cooper by Peter S. Jensen, James R. Cooper (2002)
"Effects of megavitamin therapy on children with attention deficit disorders. Pediatrics, 74, 103—111. Hauger, RL, Angel, L., Janowsky, A., Berger, P., ..."
4. Ethnobotany and Medicinal Plants: Bibliography: January 1990-June 1991 by Susan A. McCarthy (1993)
"Some types of metabolic therapies described include 1) nutritional approaches (megavitamin and mineral therapies, special diets), 2) hematoxylin and ..."
5. Clinician's Handbook of Preventive Services: Put Prevention Into Practice by DIANE Publishing Company (1995)
"... chemistry screens • Sputum cytology testing • Multivitamin or megavitamin prophylaxis Rather than simply adopt the recommendations of major authorities, ..."
6. Current Issues in Women's Health by Food and Drug Administration, DIANE Publishing Company, United States (1994)
"Obstetricians will continue to make the decision to recommend supplements based on individual requirements and will not recommend megavitamin supplements ..."