Definition of Meningeal artery
1. Noun. Any of three arteries supplying the meninges of the brain and neighboring structures.
Generic synonyms: Arteria, Arterial Blood Vessel, Artery
Specialized synonyms: Anterior Meningeal Artery, Middle Meningeal Artery, Posterior Meningeal Artery
Meningeal Artery Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Meningeal Artery Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Meningeal Artery
Literary usage of Meningeal artery
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Anatomy, Descriptive and Surgical by Henry Gray (1901)
"... they present depressions for the convolutions of the brain and grooves for the branches of the middle meningeal artery ; the latter commence on the ..."
2. Cunningham's Manual of Practical Anatomy by Daniel John Cunningham, Arthur Robinson (1914)
"The middle meningeal artery has already been seen arising front the first ... The accessory meningeal artery and the tympanic artery generally arise from ..."
3. The Journal of Anatomy and Physiology by Anatomical Society of Great Britain and Ireland (1881)
"... cc, striated muscle fibres; dd, cells of cartilage (y^-). A PALATINE BRANCH FROM THE MEDDLE meningeal artery. By E, J. ANDERSON, MD, ..."
4. Manual of Practical Anatomy by Daniel John Cunningham (1921)
"Each middle meningeal artery is a branch of the corresponding internal ... The vein which accompanies the middle meningeal artery passes through the foramen ..."
5. Anatomy, Descriptive and Applied by Henry Gray (1913)
"sympathetic, and the orbital branch of the middle meningeal artery; and from the orbital cavity a recurrent branch from the lacrimal artery to the dura ..."
6. The Proceedings of the Iowa Academy of Science by Iowa Academy of Science (1906)
"According to Mivart the meningeal artery arises from the carotid plexus and" passes into the ... I find that the middle meningeal artery arises variously. ..."