Definition of Metatarsal artery
1. Noun. Dorsal and plantar arteries to the metatarsal region of the foot.
Generic synonyms: Arteria, Arterial Blood Vessel, Artery
Group relationships: Foot, Human Foot, Pes
Medical Definition of Metatarsal artery
Metatarsal Artery Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Metatarsal Artery Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Metatarsal Artery
Literary usage of Metatarsal artery
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Anatomy, Descriptive and Surgical by Henry Gray (1901)
"... outer interosseous spaces, between the heads of the Dorsal interossei muscles, and anastomose with the interosseous branches from the metatarsal artery. ..."
2. Cunningham's Manual of Practical Anatomy by Daniel John Cunningham, Arthur Robinson (1914)
"The plantar digital branches of the second plantar metatarsal artery supply the ... Immediately before it divides, each plantar metatarsal artery sends ..."
3. Anatomy, Descriptive and Applied by Henry Gray (1913)
"The arcuate artery (a. arcuata; metatarsal artery) arises a little anterior to ... The fourth dorsal metatarsal artery gives off a branch which supplies the ..."
4. Anatomy of the Human Body by Henry Gray (1918)
"The fourth dorsal metatarsal artery gives off a branch which supplies the ... The first dorsal metatarsal artery (a. dorsalis hallucis) runs forward on the ..."