¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Micropipette
1. [n -S]
Medical Definition of Micropipette
1. Micropipet A pipette designed for the measurement of very small volumes. (05 Mar 2000)
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Micropipette Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Micropipette
Literary usage of Micropipette
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Niosh Manual of Analytical Methods: Sampling and Analytical Methods for ...edited by Peter M. Eller edited by Peter M. Eller (1994)
"Using a microliter syringe or a micropipette, spike four filters at each of five concentration levels with a mixture of the analytes. ..."
2. The Never-ceasing Search by Francis Otto Schmitt (1990)
"In Dr. White's lab I set up a crude microdissection apparatus with which to hold the collecting micropipette and to direct it at any desired target in the ..."
3. Science by American Association for the Advancement of Science (1922)
"2 Taylor, CV, 1920, "An accurately controllable micropipette," SCIENCE, NS, LI., 617. depends upon leverage clamps to regulate the mercury pressure which ..."
4. The American Petroleum Industry by Raymond Foss Bacon, William Allen Hamor (1916)
"... a boiling point between 100° and 150°C. under atmospheric pressure, and could be removed readily from the receivers with a micropipette and weighed. ..."
5. The Journal of Comparative Pathology and Therapeutics (1888)
"Blood for haemoglobin estimation was taken up in a 0.05 ml. constriction type micropipette ("E-Mil" type) and expelled into 20 ml. of 0.04 per cent ammonia. ..."
6. Methods in Metallurgical Analysis by Charles Henry White (1920)
"... a small still and collect the distillate until the temperature reaches 150° C. Collect the water from the distillate with a micropipette and weigh it. ..."