2. Noun. The middle period of one's life. ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Midlife
1. middle age [n -LIVES]
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Midlife Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Midlife
Literary usage of Midlife
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. NATO in the Fifth Decade by Keith Dunn, Stephen Flanagan (1992)
"NATO's Fifth Decade: Renewal or midlife Crisis? ... Therefore, most observers expect NATO will be able to adjust to midlife, despite some rocky days, ..."
2. Workshop on Disability in America, a New Look: Summary and Background Papers by Marilyn Jane Field, Alan M. Jette, Linda G. Martin (2006)
"... KA User's Perspective on midlife (Ages 18 to 65) Aging with Disability June Isaacson Katies* People with significant disabilities and chronic conditions ..."
3. Mental Health Services and Vulnerable Populations edited by Linda F. Wolf (1998)
"Health Insurance Coverage at midlife: Characteristics, Costs, ... Recent studies indicate the proportion of individuals at midlife with some type of health ..."
4. Between Empty Nesting and the Old Age Home by Bob Waun (2007)
"midlife crisis less common than many believe. (Brief Article) Susan S. Lang. ... midlife crisis: helping patients cope with stress, anxiety, and depression. ..."