Definition of Mijnheer
1. mynheer [n -S] - See also: mynheer
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Mijnheer Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Mijnheer
Literary usage of Mijnheer
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Great Short Stories: A New Collection of Famous Examples from the by William Patten, Broughton Brandenburg, P.F. Collier & Son Corporation (1906)
""A neighbor, mijnheer; a night-watchman; my master knows him well. ... "No, mijnheer, she retired to her own room toward evening. ..."
2. St. Nicholas by Mary Mapes Dodge (1895)
"I fell on them, mijnheer." And then began to cry. mijnheer stooped and gathered them all up carefully, and after ordering the ..."
3. Children's Classics in Dramatic Form by Augusta Stevenson (1912)
"mijnheer was very ill last winter, after wading in the icy streams that day. CORNELIUS. ... And then mijnheer had a sunstroke just this summer. CORNELIUS. ..."
4. The Living Age by Making of America Project, Eliakim Littell, Robert S. Littell (1922)
"'A vintage to become famous in Europe, mijnheer Secunde,' he returned, bowing, and the monotonous drawl continued. My thoughts traveled over the events of ..."
5. Belgium and Holland, Including the Grand-duchy of Luxembourg: Handbook for by Karl Baedeker (Firm) (1905)
"Ik dank U, mijnheer. Ik tal met den spoorweg (or simply met het spoor), met de stoomboot reiten. ... Waar lijn wij nv, mijnheer? DU is het laatste station. ..."
6. Teaching Atlas of Nuclear Medicine by Kevin J. Donohoe, Annick Van den Abbeele (1873)
"Daar is uw rok, mijnheer! (Den rok van den Luitenant werpt hij in de kamer van den Advocaat. ... .Gij komt zeker om de erfenis van mijnheer van Overbeek '? ..."
7. The Commercial Dutch Grammar (superseding the Practical Dutch Grammar): A by Hubertus Elffers (1896)
"The wife of a man addressed as " mijnheer " (see No. 24) is addressed as " Mejuffrouw." S. The wife of a gentleman is addressed as " Mevrouw." 4. ..."
Other Resources Relating to: Mijnheer