Definition of Mind-altering drug
1. Noun. A drug that can produce mood changes and distorted perceptions.
Specialized synonyms: Designer Drug, Dronabinol, Euphoriant, Hallucinogen, Hallucinogenic Drug, Psychedelic Drug, Psychodelic Drug, Tetrahydrocannabinol, Thc
Generic synonyms: Drug
Mind-altering Drug Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Mind-altering Drug Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Mind-altering Drug
Literary usage of Mind-altering drug
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Medical Marijuana Referenda Movement in America: Hearing Before the edited by Bill McCollum (2001)
"... are going to continue to enforce, as strongly as we can, laws against the use of mind altering drugs including marijuana which is a mind altering drug. ..."
2. Marijuana Use in America: Hearing Before the Committee on the Judiciary U. S (1996)
"... that when the fight against mind-altering drugs—and marijuana is a mind-altering drug for heaven's sake; that's why people use it—when that gets off of ..."
3. Prevention Plus II: Tools for Creating and Sustaining Drug-Free Communities (1994)
"Alcohol is a "psychoactive" or mind-altering drug, as are heroin and tranquilizers. It can alter moods, cause changes in the body, and become habit forming. ..."
4. Turning Awareness Into Action: What Your Community Can Do About Drug Use in ... (1993)
"Alcohol is a psychoactive or mind-altering drug, as are heroin and tranquilizers. It can alter moods, cause changes in the body, and become habit forming. ..."
5. Drug Abuse Curriculum for Employee Assistance Program Professionalsby DIANE Publishing Company by DIANE Publishing Company (1995)
"In the treatment of dependency disorders, alcohol is classified as a mind-altering drug, along with Valium, Librium, Quaalude, Miltown, ..."
6. Russian Roulette: Among Other Things by Gyeorgos Ceres Hatonn (1993)
"... Albert Hoffman, how to make synthetic ergotamine, a powerful mind-altering drug. The Committee of 300 financed the project through one of their banks, ..."
7. Fish Fermentation Technology by Cherl-Ho Lee, Keith H. Steinkraus, P.J. Alan Reilly (1993)
"Once man had tasted the mind-altering drug-ethyl alcohol he never let it go, and the alcoholic beverage industries and the problems engendered by alcohol ..."
Other Resources Relating to: Mind-altering drug